The Emergence of Industry Cloud
More than ever the Software and Tech industry is thriving, businesses within both sectors are seeing exceptional growth with an abundance of new organisations as well as software houses opening up across the UK.
As a leading Executive Appointments Consultancy, Forsyth Barnes have taken the lead on understanding, mapping, and working with professionals in this industry in response to their client and candidate demands. As leading Software and Tech specialists, Consultants Grant Hutchison, Guy Draper and Stuart Atkins have worked with a number of high profile interim and permanent Software / Tech specific roles across the UK, EMEA and Africa regions and they are continually assisting more and more Executive staff in their searches for next steps.
The emergence of ‘industry cloud’ is a movement taking root in nearly all major sectors, overturning traditional IT vendor-customer relationships. Businesses are moving to and within the cloud as well as inter-connecting private and public infrastructure as a multitude of offerings become available; the transmission of data between the edge, apps, SaaS, data centres and clouds is increasing in volume.
Furthermore, digital transformation, the act of redefining/reinventing business processes coupled with technological innovations, continues to snowball. Enterprises have been transforming their business more quickly and those who haven’t kicked off these types of initiatives will feel the pressure from competitors to do so in order to stay relevant.
Consultants at Forsyth Barnes deliver industry based advice to businesses and candidates alike. They pride themselves on being industry experts across a number of growing industry verticals and have helped their customers with information such as: insights into how the market currently behaves in terms of day rates, how high profile projects are expected to change the industry, and, industry trends in different areas across the globe.
Key Market Trends for 2017:
- 85 percent of enterprises have a multi-cloud strategy, up from 82 percent in 2016.
- Private cloud adoption fell from 77 percent to 72 percent, also bringing hybrid cloud adoption down from 71 percent to 67 percent year-over-year.
- Cloud users are running applications in an average of 1.8 public clouds and 2.3 private clouds.
- Hybrid Cloud Is the Preferred Enterprise Strategy
- Docker Shoots Into the Lead for DevOps Tools
- (Configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, and Ansible and more recently, container technologies, such as Docker and container orchestration and scheduling tools such as Kubernetes, Swarm, and Mesosphere are among the new tools companies are choosing to implement to standardise and automate deployment and configuration of servers and applications).
- Public Cloud Adoption Grows, While Private Cloud Wanes
The use of DevOps practices and tools continues to increase, with enterprises moving beyond piecemeal adoption to company-wide DevOps programs. This year Docker surged to become the top DevOps tool, seemingly at the expense of configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef, which showed declines in adoption.
This movement has opened up new opportunities and new roles within the industry, Forsyth Barnes are specialists in finding those niche candidates in the market that will help reduce costs, improve output and increase efficiency. Such emerging roles have been listed below:
Emerging Roles in 2017:
- Virtual Reality (VR) Developer
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Developer
- Internet of Things Developer
- Internet of Things Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Cyber Security Engineer
- Augmented Reality Developer
Grant, Guy and Stuart are the go-to Consultants at Forsyth Barnes for Software and Tech related projects and they take responsibility for managing client relationships while working with a bench of industry experts across the following disciplines:
- IT Architecture
- Programme & Project Delivery
- Senior Appointments
To find out more about Forsyth Barnes’ expertise, and to view a list of the roles that Consultants at Forsyth Barnes are currently working on, please visit: www.forsythbarnes.com.