Job Title: Product Manager
Location: Remote (once every 2 weeks to Manchester)
Start Date: ASAP
I am looking for a Senior Product Manager to help deliver our exciting growth plans. With an existing team of 60+ product/tech professionals, we have investment to deliver significant accelerated product development and expansion into new territories.
As Senior Product Manager you will be responsible for the creation and execution of their product strategy for our retailer products. Guided by our strategic pillars and OKR framework you will manage and prioritise the product discovery and product delivery streams. The team is made up of an autonomous and accountable multi-disciplined team.
You should have experience of working in a fast paced, commercially driven organisation in managing a B2B product. Ideally, you will have managed a direct P&L line for your product, or if not have experience working as part of commercial planning or aligned sales activity group.
A significant factor in evolving retail products will be providing greater insight to retailers to aid decision-making. You should have experience in productising data and insight, and be comfortable using data to drive decision-making.
Beyond the immediate retail team, you will also be part of the Product and Tech Management team and will work collaboratively and support other team members to help the business achieve its wider goals.
Additional Details about Senior Product Manager Role
· Reporting to the VP Product Management
· Working closely with: Retail Tech Lead, Delivery Lead, and the wider product team.
· Other key stakeholders include: VP of Engineering, SVP Product and Insight, SVP Tech Operations.
· Understand our wider business vision, mission, purpose, goals and strategy to input into the retail team product vision, and lead its execution.
· Undertake product discovery sessions with the support of team colleagues using data analysis, customer visits, and other research methods to arrive at a defined product delivery roadmap for the 6 – 12 months and a discovery backlog.
· Evangelise your product across the business with great communications and demonstration of the value your product brings to its customers.
· Work closely with your product development team, contributing to product stories, showcases, and ceremonies to drive regular software releases with high business value.
· Along with the technical lead, and delivery lead you will be responsible for setting and delivery of the retail team Objectives and Key Results, and communicating progress.
· Be instrumental in building a product-driven culture – supporting other product colleagues in mutual opportunities and prioritisation calls.
· Driving alignment with other business functions through attending commercial planning sessions to ensure your product is maximising business value.
· Help lead and grow the retail product team, striving for continual improvement, and development of staff.
· Balance strategic and tactical approaches to exploit commercial opportunities while building strong foundations for growth.
· Establish the best organizational patterns and practices
As part of the Product and Tech Management Team, the successful candidate must be able to collaborate across the business to help define and drive forward the company's strategic objectives.
Working with some external stakeholders will be required, and an ability to remain professional and calm under pressure will be important to the candidate's success.
You should possess outstanding leadership skills, able to inspire a cross-functional group in a unified direction and with a common vision.
Being customer-focused and results-oriented, and comfortable working in a highly collaborative, constantly evolving environment will be important.
You should be approachable and relatable with sufficient technical credibility to have quality conversations with your reports and peers.
· Experience of managing highly successful B2B products
· Experience in product discovery as a means to prioritise decisions, and communicate the why.
· Experience of working in a fast-paced, commercially driven environment.
· Experience leading and managing teams
· Opinions and ideas about improving team happiness
· Opinions and ideas about improving team productivity
· An interest in ways of working (organisational design, patterns and practices)
· Experience in agile product environments
Good to have
· Experience in a regulated environment (finance related would be best)
· Involvement in the wider product community (e.g. meetups, forums,)
· Knowledge of automotive and/or automotive finance
· Experience with OKR methodology
Job Title: Product Manager